Monday, February 23, 2015

Twenty-Something Resolution, Week Seven

Sorry I'm late posting.  I had planned on doing it last night, but I was too upset about my dear Edward.
Anyway, this week I tried Yoga.  I have done Yoga before, but only once and I wasn't so sure about it, because I didn't know the terminology and a lot of the self-love was a little out of the norm for me.  This week, I found a website called doyogawithme.com that guides you through some simple, beginner's Yoga without the confusing terms and with only mild "kumbaya" speak.  It was very relaxing and energizing.  It stretched my back out (which was still hurting from AirWalk a couple weeks ago) and I found it easier to sleep at night.
I'm not sure if this is something I'll ever want to do in public again.  It might be a little too awkward to do around other people, especially people I don't know very well, but I liked it enough to keep doing it at home when I get the chance.
I hope that as I continue doing some stretching at home, it helps me to become more flexible, because right now, I don't have the ability to touch my toes...

1 comment:

  1. That website looks pretty cool. I need to start stretching more. I read that stretching right after you wake up is really good but I never wake up early enough to do any actual stretching before I have to leave for school/work.

    ReplyDelete