Sunday, March 8, 2015

Twenty-Something Resolution, Week Eight

This post comes late due to a stomach bug.  But I'm better, now!

So, the eighth week of the year brought two new things.  One, I cooked bacon without burning it!!
Every time I try to make it, I end up either burning it or I don't get it cooked all the way and it's too soggy.  But I got it right this time!  My trick this time was to make it in the oven instead of skillet.  So from now on, I will bake bacon.  Bake the bacon.

The other new thing I did, which I realize is similar to a few weeks ago, but it's still different and new, is I got the make up consultant to hook me up.  I was actually really nervous, because I really don't know how to do make up and everything I thought I knew was apparently very wrong.  I was also nervous because it involved talking to strangers.  She started off by asking what I do, and I just told her I was a therapist at the hospital, because it's really exhausting explaining Music Therapy.  Anyway, when she started working on me, she asked if I wanted to start wearing makeup because I was falling for one of my patients...  NO!! Absolutely NOT!  That's illegal.  Then she told me that only a consultant can pick the right colors because they've been trained.  (Lady, it's just makeup.  You're not curing cancer.  Let me pop that ego for you.)  And then I felt like she put way too much makeup on, but she said it looked good.  Anyway, she made me take a selfie.  Here are the results:
It doesn't look like me, but I've been told I look nice.  Still, just like last time, this probably won't be a regular thing.

1 comment:

  1. I always bake bacon unless I am running low on bacon grease. It's just so much easier!

    I like how the makeup lady made you take a picture of yourself instead of taking a picture of you with your phone. You do look very beautiful! But you also look very beautiful without makeup. It just seems like such a hassle to put on everyday.

    ReplyDelete